The Best Timeshare Exit Companies
How to find The Best Timeshare Exit Companies
If you're looking for the best timeshare exit companies this is a quick read for what to look for. There a number of Timeshare Exit Options out there, but like any industry some companies are better than others. We believe these are the easiest to observe traits for the best timeshare exit companies.
- BBB Accreditation - The first place to check for the best timeshare exit companies is the Better Business Bureau. If a company has gone through the lengths to gain and maintain accreditation then that's a good indicator of a legitimate timeshare exit company. Additionally, read the reviews under the BBB because the BBB accreditation and rating are not a sole indicator of reviews. See if the company has any negative reviews or what their past customers had to say about working with them.
- Large Upfront Fees - If the company you are questioning wants a large upfront fee, be warned that it is likely not on the up and up. It's no secret that there are many unscrupulous timeshare resale and exit companies targeting timeshare owners. What do you, the customer, have to gain by paying all the cost of the service upfront? Reputable companies will offer escrow plans or payment plans for any advertised services.
- Transparent Pricing - The best indicator for a legitimate timeshare exit company is transparent pricing. The best timeshare cancellation providers will have their prices publicly displayed like this - pricing example. Timeshare Exit companies that adjust pricing without a standardized system are usually expensive and can take advantage of unsuspecting consumers.
- Physical Office - TImeshare Cancellation providers that are legitimate should come up with a quick google maps search and have a physical office. There contact information should match what's publicly available on their website. Many businesses have a web presence, but fail to actually live up to the promises made on their website. It's usually a good sign if a company has a brick and mortar storefront that they are operating above board and in compliance with the law.
- Reviews - Reviews are a catch 22 because some timeshare cancellation companies have been known to solicit positive reviews in a quid pro quo manner, meaning they will reduce debts owed or give clients compensation for a favorable review. Most timeshare developers have a strict non disclosure agreement that must be signed at the end of the negotiations to cancel the timeshare, making it impossible for clients to publicly review timeshare exit companies. So while reviews have merit, they are not always a complete indicator of the best timeshare exit service.
- Recovered Money - If a timeshare cancellation provider wants to keep a portion of any recovered money (i.e. your timeshare company refunds you and the exit company wants some of it), do not walk, run. This is a highly unethical practice employed by some of the worst timeshare exit companies out there. How could any reasonable business take your hard earned money to provide a service and then charge you again by keeping a portion of money that you were refunded because of wrongdoing?
In closing, take your time. Don't be pressured to hire the first company you come across. If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. If you do your research and the company checks out, then go for it. Major timeshare developers have tried to dismiss the notion of any legitimate timeshare exit companies because they would rather timeshare owners stay trapped in their timeshares. However, there are several great options to choose from. We hope this helps you find the best timeshare exit company.